When compiling Building Regulations Notes for House Extensions, Building Control will require a comprehensive list of Building Specifications including:
- floor type (eg solid floor)
- roof construction,
- wall type and construction
- foundation type.
- Fire Safety such as smoke detection, and
- Escape Windows where applicable.
- Structural Calculations
As well as notes for standard construction details, Loft Conversions Specifications should include notes for:
- Provisions for Means of Escape in Case of Fire
- Dormer Walls and Roofs
- Upgrading of existing external walls, party walls and roofs
- Upgrading of internal floors for fire resistance
Structural Calculations and Details should also be included as part of the Building Control Submission.
In addition to the Building Regulations notes for the standard construction details, Garage Conversions Specifications should include notes for:
- New Infill External Walls
- Upgrading existing external walls
- Upgrade party walls and roofs, if required
- Upgrading of existing floors including thermal and damp upgrade
Please Contact Us
Telephone 01245-222692 or 07973-835067 anytime. Alternatively send us a message using our contact form.
ARB’s register is the only statutory register of architects in the UK. Every architect whose name appears on the register has met the standards set by ARB for education, experience and practice, and has the legal right to use the title “architect”.